Mums’ Go-To Cold Remedy
If you like to sip a lemon honey drink when you’re under the weather, this is for you!
Mums always know what to do to make us feel better, especially when you’re under the weather. Be it a kind word, a hug or something comforting to eat or drink – they instinctively know what will help. The lemon honey drink has long been a mums’ go-to cold remedy in most homes. It makes you feel so much better – soothing on the throat, relieving any congestion and instantly uplifting. Going into flu season, this easy-to-make drink should definitely be a part of your family’s daily routine.
Did you know lemons contain a high 53g of vitamin C per 100g, plus have a much lower sugar content? Also, the healing properties of good quality honey have been used to combat ailments for generations. Packed with antioxidants and essential nutrients including vitamin C, the humble lemon honey drink is an immunity booster. Refreshing and soothing on the throat, it helps to ease colds, coughing and sore throats. Being completely natural, it is well-suited for children whereas over-the-counter artificial medications can carry risks. The lemon honey drink also serves as a natural detox and digestive aid when taken on an empty stomach. It helps to flush out bacteria, toxins and other harmful substances.
How to make it?
We prepare our simple lemon honey drink or tonic in a mug in just five minutes. It’s convenient to make every day and pleasant on the palate. The four components we mix together are: Lemon juice, organic honey, BOOSTING AMBERS Ayurvedic powder by BOTANISTRY and warm water (not boiling water). Here’s the simple recipe for one, stir together:
- ½ large lemon (juiced) & a slice of lemon
- 2 teaspoons of honey
- ½ teaspoon of BOOSTING AMBERS powder
- Warm water to fill the mug
You can make a larger quantity for a flask worth for the whole family. To enhance the sweet citrus flavour, which the kids might like, you can squeeze in some fresh orange juice. You might want to add ½ – 1 tablespoon of apple cider vinegar too. Apple cider vinegar supports the gut (where 70% of immune cells reside), and has antioxidant and antimicrobial effects. If you can handle the taste, add half a clove of fresh garlic, which helps the body’s fight against infection and viruses.
Watch family nutritionist and mum-of-two Marika Ward making her winter tonic here.
What are mums saying?
We’ve given mums’ go-to cold remedy a boost with the addition of BOOSTING AMBERS immunity health supplement. And mums are loving it. We are delighted by the positive feedback with customers able to support their bodies naturally versus taking synthetic products. What is also special is being a part of everyday wellness routines in households everywhere.
Mum-of-three Philippa said, “This tastes amazing! I add BOOSTING AMBERS to my lemon honey drinks all the time now. I can even feel it clearing my sinuses as I drink. And so nice not to have to take more tablets.”
Chloe wrote to us saying: “I’ve been including BOOSTING AMBERS in my morning smoothie and have managed to avoid COVID despite my husband having it!”
Georgia said, “I have loved incorporating BOTANISTRY’s BOOSTING AMBERS into my morning routine, especially over the winter months to help build up my immune system. Not only has it done wonders for my body, but it also tastes delicious. Love this product!”
How does BOOSTING AMBERS organic health supplement help?
Many of us have heard about increasing our vitamin C or zinc intake during winter. But what about immunity-boosting herbs and spices? Pure plant ingredients can help us follow a more natural and sustainable approach to our health.
BOOSTING AMBERS contains the five botanical ingredients used for millennia to help support the body’s natural defences. They are: Turmeric, Lime, Ginger, Lemongrass and Black Pepper. Each ingredient – organic and ethically sourced – has been purposefully selected and in the right dosage according to the ancient science of Ayurveda.
- Modern medicine has recognised the importance of Turmeric and its anti-inflammatory and anti-microbial properties. It plays a beneficial role in the immune system, respiratory health and clearing congestion – something we all need during ‘winter cold’ season.
- In Ayurveda, Lime is considered a cleanser for the body. Scientific studies have shown that Lime polyphenols have immune enhancing properties as well as anti-pathogenic effects. This makes it an ideal ingredient in immunity boosting supplements.
- Ginger is used to ease a variety of ailments including pain and inflammation as well as immunity and respiratory disorders. Ginger is considered a natural immune system booster and a common remedy for easing flu symptoms and mild nausea.
- Lemongrass (also called Citronella) is known as “fever grass” in traditional medicine, owing to its use in lowering fever. It has been consumed to alleviate coughs and helping with breathing problems related to seasonal allergies.
- From asthma to stuffy noses, Black Pepper has a number of applications in home remedies. In ancient Chinese and Indian medicine, Black Pepper is used as a natural medicinal agent for the treatment of pains, chills, flus and fevers.
Mums’ go-to cold remedy – the lemon honey drink – is just one way to take the BOOSTING AMBERS organic health supplement. Earthy and citrus in taste, the versatile powder can also be enjoyed in a variety of healthy recipes. From adding it to baked oats, grains, hummus, scrambled tofu or pancakes, give yourself an immunity boost the natural, healthy way.