- BOTANISTRY ACTIVE CORALS, 2 teaspoons
- Walnuts, ½ cup
- Cashews, ½ cup
- Dates (pitted), 1 cup
- Raw cacao powder, ½ cup
- Pinch of pink salt
- Raspberries (frozen), ½ cup
- Peanut butter (crunchy), 6 teaspoons
- Dark chocolate, ½ cup
- Coconut oil, 1 tablespoon
- Freeze-dried raspberries to garnish
- To make this mini cup shape, you can use a mini muffin pan like a 12 cup silicone mini muffin pan.
- In a food processor, add the walnuts, cashews, ACTIVE CORALS, pitted dates, raw cacao powder and pink salt. Blend until well combined and forms a crumble-like consistency.
- The mixture should be sticky enough to roll into baby bliss balls and press evenly down into the tray. When pressing in the base, build small walls around the sides and leave space in the centre for the filling.
- Add the frozen raspberries by crumbling them on to the base.
- Add ½ teaspoon of peanut butter into the centre of each baby cake. The peanut butter forms the yummy soft centre of the cups.
- Melt down the dark chocolate with the coconut oil. When the chocolate is completely melted, stir well and pour over all of the cups. Sprinkle freeze-dried raspberries over the melted chocolate.
- Make sure your tray is on a board so you can transport it to the fridge with no spillage. Allow the raw treats to set for at least 2 hours in the fridge or 1 hour in the freezer. Enjoy!
TIPS & TRICKS
- If you don’t have a muffin pan, use a standard tray and make slices.
- The peanut butter can be substituted with almond butter and add a tablespoon of maple syrup if you prefer a little extra sweetness.
A healthy snack can power you through your day. Dietitians recommend eating at least two different food groups to ensure a more substantial snack. These Peanut Butter Jelly Cups work well because they combine fruit, fibre, protein, healthy fats and antioxidants. Plus they are dairy-free, gluten-free and vegan. They can also be batch-prepped and popped in the fridge for the whole family to enjoy whenever they like. Taken daily, the ACTIVE CORALS organic health supplement helps to support your body’s metabolism, muscle & joint movement and recovery.
Simone Leigh Barnes-Anderson (@simpleigh_raw) – Owner of Simpleigh Raw, a gluten-free, refined sugar-free, vegan treats business based in New Zealand. Simone is passionate about creating recipes with real wholefood ingredients. Try another of Simone’s recipes: Chickpea & Cauliflower Nourish Bowl