- BOTANISTRY DIGESTIVE JADES, 1 tablespoon
- Almond meal, 150g
- Cornstarch, 75g
- Rice flour, 30g
- Baking powder, 2 tablespoons
- Coconut sugar, 1-2 tablespoons (optional)
- Zest of 1 lime (about 1 tablespoon)
- Xanthan gum, ¾ teaspoon
- Yoghurt of choice, 1 cup
- Lemonade or kombucha (ideally lemon / lime flavour), ¼ cup + 2 tablespoons
- Preheat oven to 200°C fan bake. Line a large baking tray with baking paper.
- In a large bowl, combine all dry ingredients.
- Add yoghurt and mix with a knife until the mixture roughly starts to come together. Add lemonade/kombucha and mix until a rough dough forms. (Do not knead a scone dough, it should be too wet to knead.)
- On a floured surface, shape dough into a rectangle and cut into 6 portions.
- Place on prepared tray, leaving only 1 cm between each – this helps them to rise. Brush with milk of choice and bake for 20 minutes, until well risen and golden brown.
- Serve warm with spreads and toppings of choice.
TIPS & TRICKS
- To note: Certain types of nut flours can impact people with digestive disorders, causing bloating and discomfort. Please check with a medical professional if you have any concerns.
- Fillings can be added to the scone mixture such as grated cheese for a savoury version or a sweet option with chocolate chips or dried fruit like cranberries and raisins.
High in dietary fibre, almond meal and rice flour are suitable for gluten-free, paleo, low carb and keto recipes. Taken daily, DIGESTIVE JADES Ayurvedic supplement powder works to improve digestion and alleviate bloating.
Olivia Moore (@thatgreenolive) – Foodie, recipe developer and content creator based in New Zealand. With a passion for wholefood cooking and photography, Olivia shares her recipes that highlight healthy living as fun and delicious! Try her delicious recipe for Golden Vegan Pancakes with BOOSTING AMBERS. Visit Olivia’s website to learn more.